• The patriarchs became jealous of Joseph and sold him into Egypt. Yet God was with him. Acts 7:9
• Joseph’s life was filled with drama.
Loved by his father, he irritated his brothers, who sold him into slavery.
• After serving his Egyptian master faithfully, he was falsely accused and imprisoned.
• While jailed, he became an effective leader, and then rose to prominence in Egypt.
• As a result of this miraculous promotion, his family escaped drought after moving to this new land.
• This story inspired one of the great literary masterpieces of the twentieth century,
Bible provides much more.
• Many, in fact, see this as just a “myth,” filled with emotion, conflict, tragedy, and triumph.
But Believers have the opportunity to go much deeper.
To read with spiritual eyes.
To know that, more than just a heroic figure,
Joseph was an example of faith (Hebrews 11:22).
How he was “tested” in Egypt and that his life was part of the unfolding of God’s plan (Psalm 105:17-22).
When you read the Bible, remember to know that it is true!
Prayerfully seek God’s wisdom and understanding.
Don’t stay on the surface, but dig deep.